Physical Therapy in the Space Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PToutdoorsman

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information related to physical therapy positions in the space program. I suppose I am looking for positions involving training for astronauts either pre or post time in space. I have found little information online. I expect that these positions are filled by athletic trainers or CSCS holders but I thought I would look into it.

Thanks,
William
 
There is a program in Houston that you may be able to find some information about. I know there is at least one AT involved in the program, but I don't know what else about it.. Dr. Yellen is a professor in the University of Houston graduate Athletic Training Education Program who also works in the NASA program.