Physical Therapy School acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynnoneilt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a kinesiology student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I want to apply to physical therapy school next fall and I am really hoping I get in somewhere. I realize that physical therapy programs are very competitive and I was just wondering what my chances of getting in were and what I can do to make myself a more competitive applicant. Any positive suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My overall GPA is a 3.0 and my prerequisite GPA is a 3.5
I have roughly 400 observation hours and I am working as a physical therapy aide this summer.
I was an intern at a physical therapy clinic last summer and interned at the sports medicine clinic at my school this year.
I am also a member of the American Red Cross Club and CAC basketball club.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am a kinesiology student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I want to apply to physical therapy school next fall and I am really hoping I get in somewhere. I realize that physical therapy programs are very competitive and I was just wondering what my chances of getting in were and what I can do to make myself a more competitive applicant. Any positive suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My overall GPA is a 3.0 and my prerequisite GPA is a 3.5
I have roughly 400 observation hours and I am working as a physical therapy aide this summer.
I was an intern at a physical therapy clinic last summer and interned at the sports medicine clinic at my school this year.
I am also a member of the American Red Cross Club and CAC basketball club.

Raise your overall gpa and get more diversity in your observation hours

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd hit up the sticky on the top of the forum...there are years worth of people's personal stats and what schools they got in to and which schools rejected them...

Definitely what Nicole said...get some inpatient/nursing home hours...try and retake at least one of the classes that is bring your overall GPA down and you will be sitting fairly good. Try and volunteer for a research group at your university as well.