Physical Therapy Settings

Started by PrePTguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePTguy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering, when it is said that more than one physical therapy setting is needed, it is referring to inpatient and outpatient correct not specific locations? I did a hospital setting for outpatient as well as an outpatient clinic non-hospital. The inpatient is at the same hospital.
 
Yes that's correct. You have in-patient where patients stay overnight and outpatient where they walk in, get treated, and leave.

I work at a privately owned outpatient orthopedics clinic where we see geriatrics to minors.
I observed at another privately owned outpatient ortho clinic where it was strictly geriatrics.
I observed at an in-patient long term acute care hospital where the population was geriatrics, and I was also able to see neuro patients.
I observed at an outpatient sports pediatrics clinic in a hospital.

So when I specified these in PTCAS, I had an outpatient privately owned clinic (two of them separately), inpatient hospital, and pediatrics setting (even though it was outpatient; it's still peds).