Physical Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is physical therapy the type of job you can wear a suit and tie or is more like you will be wear hospital scrubs?

Members don't see this ad.

Is physical therapy the type of job you can wear a suit and tie or is more like you will be wear hospital scrubs?
Hey there. I personally have never seen a PT in a suit and tie. At most I have seen a dress shirt with a tie (and that was only once). Your dress is very dependant on the PT setting and clinic you are in. If you are in a hospital then yeah you'll probably be wearing scrubs. But if you are in an outpatient clinic most likely it will be something like Dockers and a polo shirt. Some clinics may even have their own polo shirts with their logo on them (mine did). PT is about your comfort as well, since you are the one that needs to move and manipulate patients. You need to have clothes that can move and give with you. Things like suits and blazers can limit your movement. Hope this helps!