physician assistant 41

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vona larsen

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a practicing physician assistant, and i m a little old, going to matriculate a week after I turn 41. I really want to go back to school but am concerned about my age
Also any chance of being able to work part time?

any idea? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend protecting your anonymity if that is your picture or name.

Some schools specifically prohibit working while in school.
Others require that it be discussed with the Student Affairs Dean.
The rest merely discourage it.
Check with your student handbook.

Reactions: 1 users
I STRONGLY advise against it unless you are a master of time mgt.

Hi everyone,

I am a practicing physician assistant, and i m a little old, going to matriculate a week after I turn 41. I really want to go back to school but am concerned about my age

any idea? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like we should just meet up to discuss.

Reactions: 4 users
Can you give us more details about your goals and your situation? Such as, have you already applied/been accepted to med school, or are you just considering it? Family situation? Current level of debt? Plans for what you would do with an MD/DO?

Reactions: 1 user
If that's you in the photo, you look great!

That's is all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ttttttrooooolllll!!!

This...

...is the reason for this.

I'll concede the need to protect one's anonymity and identity...I don't really have skin in this game.

However, as a woman, I am never going to apologizing for affirming another woman...particularly not one over 40. Carry on.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll concede the need to protect one's anonymity and identity...I don't really have skin in this game.

However, as a woman, I am never going to apologizing for affirming another woman...particularly not one over 40. Carry on.
If you think that avatar confirms your gender status, or clarifies the purpose of your post, you're mistaken. Who can say for certain you're a woman, really? This is the internet. You could be a tech-savvy dolphin for all we know. Who can say for certain what tone and intention your post truly carries? Perhaps it wasn't necessary to begin with. Mull that over for a minute.

No apology required.

Working part-time during medical school is tough! I tried for the first few weeks of med school and quickly decided it wasn't worth it. I don't know your personal situation, but if you are married and/or have children at home, it will be even more difficult. Med school will consume a huge amount of your time--both in classes and labs and at home studying. When considering your financial situation as a potential med student, I would make sure you are OK doing without the part-time income.

Good luck!

1) If you think that avatar confirms your gender status, or clarifies the purpose of your post, you're mistaken. 2) Who can say for certain you're a woman, really? This is the internet. You could be a tech-savvy dolphin for all we know. 3) Who can say for certain what tone and intention your post truly carries? 4) Perhaps it wasn't necessary to begin with. Mull that over for a minute.

5) No apology required.

1) I don't think my avatar suggest anything except for my Jessica Walter fandom.
2) I can. I said it above.
3) Well...the OP gets to do that.
4) Again, this one is kinda up to the OP. But if you have a discursive critique to offer, I'd be up for hearing it in a PM that didn't further derail the OPs thread.
5) Then I guess it's good I didn't offer one.

@gyngyn @Goro @gracie369 @QofQuimica @WGSgrad @trev5150 @BeddingfieldMD

It's a fake identity. The real Vona Larsen is supposedly a Croatian living in Miami as an intern for a condominium company. I'm tired of these accounts. This site needs to limit one account to one IP and also set up a black list screen on all known free proxy sites. Whether this website is currently using some VBulletin or Xenforo based script it shouldn't be hard to implement.

https://twitter.com/VonaLarsen

It's a fake identity. The real Vona Larsen is supposedly a Croatian living in Miami as an intern for a condominium company. I'm tired of these accounts. This site needs to limit one account to one IP and also set up a black list screen on all known free proxy sites. Whether this website is currently using some VBulletin or Xenforo based script it shouldn't be hard to implement.

happy to see another bs detector like myself. I called it out too https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...d-for-med-school.1194159/page-3#post-18565610

Sounds like a job for ... you. Have fun with that.

1) I don't think my avatar suggest anything except for my Jessica Walter fandom. Don't know who that is. Don't care much either.
2) I can. I said it above. Yeah, after the fact. You're a little late.
3) Well...the OP gets to do that. This is a public forum. We all get to do that, and we all did.
4) Again, this one is kinda up to the OP. But if you have a discursive critique to offer, I'd be up for hearing it in a PM that didn't further derail the OPs thread. We can deal with this out in the open, or you could just stop trying to win a pointless argument. I'm not in a relationship with you, so you not being happy about being on the losing side of this doesn't have consequences for me.
5) Then I guess it's good I didn't offer one. Maybe you should apologize to everyone at this point. You're the one who hijacked the thread with impertinent nonsense in the first place.

This makes no sense... why the fake account in the first place?

Hi everyone,

any idea? thanks

Hello! First you're definitely not too old to go back to school, especially for PA. Just consider even when you're done and go to work, you will have another 25-30 years left for retirement in this day and age. So I say go for it!