Physician Policy Researcher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ilovePHandMD

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in becoming a physician policy researcher. I will graduate with an MD and an MPH. I am interested in public health policy. Does anyone know the best way to do this?
 
Last edited:
What kind of policy? what point in med school are you?

Lots of schools, especially if they have a public health program, have policy research going on. I've had success getting involved in both hands on legislative advocacy as well as more academic ethics/policy focused research (related to a very specific field). Your MPH program should hopefully have faculty who can help guide you and/or get you connected to the right people