Physician--Why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmontague33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone..i would first like to thank you all for the help that you have given me the past 4 months...g-d bless you all
i just wanted to know what your reasons are in choosing or wanting to choose the physician root? not necessrily osteopathic but mainly a physician?

thank you very much..have a hppy thanksgiving :)

Members don't see this ad.

rmontague33i just wanted to know what your reasons are in choosing or wanting to choose the physician root? not necessrily osteopathic but mainly a physician? QUOTE said:
Love, love, love human biology. Completely fascinates me. Much the way shiny things fascinate cats.

I don't have an inspirational story about how I overcame 17 different rare kinds of cancer and wanted to be just like the doctors who saved me, though.

I also have a hard time choosing what to wear every day and do better with uniforms. Scrubs look good on me, but those shorts the UPS drivers wear were not flattering to my chicken legs. The choice was easy!

I have always found it very rewarding helping other people. That and my love for science had me leaning towards medicine. After spending 4 years as an EMT I knew that medicine was definitely the field I wanted to go into and am thus applying to medical school as a result. If you are asked this question in an interview be honest, don't be afraid to say that you know it has great job stability and their is always a demand etc... don't sugar coat it by saying I wanna help people and that the only reason.

I love the science aspect but I love the fact medicine is not totally science. It's not being stuck in a lab w/ micropipette, beaker, and fume hood. It's having the opportunity to work w/ patients everyday, helping them in someway... seeing families grow and being their doctor in the process:)