Physics and Ochem help for OAT

gsinccom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recently taken the OAT like to help with this question. I've heard from a few people that took the test last year that the Physics and Ochem sections of the OAT mainly covered the 1st semester of each class and that there was very little from the 2nd semester of each class. What are everyone else's thoughts on this? What is the best way to focus my preparation for the Physics and Ochem areas of the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

gsinccom said:
Anyone recently taken the OAT like to help with this question. I've heard from a few people that took the test last year that the Physics and Ochem sections of the OAT mainly covered the 1st semester of each class and that there was very little from the 2nd semester of each class. What are everyone else's thoughts on this? What is the best way to focus my preparation for the Physics and Ochem areas of the OAT?

Physics was from both sections. Ochem was mainly 1st semester.

good luck!!

thanks for the response. I've heard that Physics 2nd semester concepts are fairly limited though. What I heard is that studying light and optics is all you really need to know. What do you think?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Anyone have OChem 2nd semester concepts on their test and if so what were they?

Thanks a bunch.

oh, and Blazenmadison, "how long ago did you take the test"?

gsinccom said:
thanks for the response. I've heard that Physics 2nd semester concepts are fairly limited though. What I heard is that studying light and optics is all you really need to know. What do you think?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Anyone have OChem 2nd semester concepts on their test and if so what were they?

Thanks a bunch.

oh, and Blazenmadison, "how long ago did you take the test"?

i retook it in May to improve scholarship chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
you need to know more than light and optics for physics. definitely know how to solve all the basic questions that involve Force, Tension, friction, time traveled and speed of a falling/traveling object. electrons passing through a field, which direction does it move? a couple questions on circuits (resistors vs capacitors), some magnetic field stuff...

you know, just cover as much as you can. there are some free kaplan practice exams floating around hte forum, cover the questions on those and you should be set.

Orgo is mainly 1st semester.

Physics covers a fair amount from 2nd semester. What the person said above is right: magnetic fields, current, circuits, there's also density stuff, buoyancy, water flow rate/pressure...

I took the test June.