Physics "Circular Loop" question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorjiako

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The initial question is this: A 1kg block slides down a ramp and then around a circular loop of radius 10m. Assuming that all surfaces are frictionless, what is the minimum height of the ramp so that the block makes it all the way around the loop without falling.
Then, these questions were asked.
1. What is the normal force at the bottom of the loop if the height of the ramp is four times that of the loop?
2. How fast does the block need to be going at the bottom of the ramp so that the acceleration of the block at the top of the loop is 4g?
3. What is the speed of the block as it exits the loop if the normal force at the top of the loop was 80N?
Thanks for helping me out with these questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. What is the normal force at the bottom of the loop if the height of the ramp is four times that of the loop?
2. How fast does the block need to be going at the bottom of the ramp so that the acceleration of the block at the top of the loop is 4g?
3. What is the speed of the block as it exits the loop if the normal force at the top of the loop was 80N?
Thanks for helping me out with these questions.

Going to need more detail on your question. I don't want to assume that you're doing a particular type of problem and confuse you.

This looks like a centripetal force problem that can easily be solved using energy conservation, but you need to post the problem in its entirety.