Physics included in Post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darby_O'Gill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's my problem. I will be done with all the pre-req's by next June, except for Physics. I plan on going to a post-bacc program, but i was wondering if I could take Physics as part of the post-bacc or if most formal programs would not include Physics. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Darby_O'Gill said:
Ok, here's my problem. I will be done with all the pre-req's by next June, except for Physics. I plan on going to a post-bacc program, but i was wondering if I could take Physics as part of the post-bacc or if most formal programs would not include Physics. Thanks.

You may be working under a different definition of "postbac" than most. The true "postbac" program will let people who haven't ever taken or who have done badly in the prereqs take them (over). If you are saying you want to take a postbac of upper level courses plus physics that should also work at a lot of places. If you are going to a postbac that lets you retake your prereqs and you are also going to take physics de novo (anew) I'm sure that works as well. If you are pursuing a SMP or some graduate level program which expects you to have taken all the prereqs, MCAT, etc., than maybe they will not be as flexible. Best idea is to check with the school at which you intend to do a postbac.