Physics is not my favorite

Started by snikkin
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snikkin

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of all the sciences, physics was not my favorite in college. I'm
dreading the physics portion of the OAT. How much is the general
physics we learned in undergrad used in optometry school? Does it get
worse? Will I be miserable in OD school? Thanks for you insights.
 
snikkin said:
Out of all the sciences, physics was not my favorite in college. I'm
dreading the physics portion of the OAT. How much is the general
physics we learned in undergrad used in optometry school? Does it get
worse? Will I be miserable in OD school? Thanks for you insights.

you should know your optics, that's for sure... but i'm sure you'll be fine, as i've heard of so many people who hate physics in optom school too
 
yeah...i'll prob have to learn it allll over again...applying this fall
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my physics class the year was over before we got to the optics section of the book, and I have been told that this happens at other schools too. Does the OAT include optics?
 
J.opt said:
Does the OAT include optics?


YES!!!The OAT does include optics! I took it in Feb. and the physics section had about 1/3 of the questions on optics. Nothing too difficult, just stuff about lenses, virtual images, real images, focal points, etc. Just go through your physics books and go over the basics of it and you should be fine 🙂