Physics isn't working..Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mastamark

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well as I mentioned before I registered to take physics ovre the summer. The course was extremely accelerated (16 weeks crammed into 4.5 weeks). I tried my best and I was not doing so poorly. I got a B on the first take home test and the next one was a week later. The problem is I remember nothing from the first test and I am struggling a little for the next. I would have to get 90 or above on the next 2 test in order to bomb the final exam, which is inevitable. The course is so fast that I knew by the time finals rolled around in 2 weeks I would be screwed(it wont be take home). SO I decioded to cencede and take physics during a normal semester. I am only 2 weeks into the course and we blew straight through Newtons 3 laws, momentum, more. We are in Torque now. Well I just couldn't see myself being sill y enough to continue. Good thing is I nearly made it through 3/4 of the course ans it served as a pretty darn good primer for a retake.

What do you guys think? Do you think this will benefit me more by dropping?

I mean I wont even have the ability to take the MCAT in my opinion. The only thing that sucks is that I won't have time to take some upper divcision sciences before the last MCAT of next year. Does this put me at a huge disadvantage? I will only have the basic pre-med prerecs. BIO, Chem, Orgo, and physics.

I guess I am looking for a little advice here. Pardon my writing I am just in panic mode ....as usual. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Aslo, will only having those prerecs hurt me come application time? I won't hae any upper divs and I will pretty much have a 3.0 sci GPA come august of next year. What about applying later, since I plan to wait until August instead of April?

I plan to attend in Fall 2008.

If you aren't doing well in the class just drop it, but I can't imagine it looks good to only have a 3.0 in entry level science class. Especially if you aren't a freshman so you have had time in college but are still not doing well in them.

mastamark said:
Aslo, will only having those prerecs hurt me come application time? I won't hae any upper divs and I will pretty much have a 3.0 sci GPA come august of next year. What about applying later, since I plan to wait until August instead of April?

I plan to attend in Fall 2008.

If you have never dropped any class, you may want to drop the Physics to protect your GPA and to reset yourself. However, if you think you can get a B, then go for it. I suggest you to take more upper divs to pull up your GPA and prove your ability. 3.0 is not great unless you have a great MCAT score to impress some schools. Good luck.