Physics on OAT

panzer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of physics is on there in OAT? Do you have to take the whole year of physics or does the test emphasize more on somethings than others? I am just asking since optics are covered in the second semester of physics so maybe it could be more covered on OAT. i have heard that one semester of organic should be good enough to prepare you for the chemistry on the test.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt have any optics questions when i took the OAT. the physics portion was concentrated on Kinematics and Force diagrams!

I didnt have any optics questions when i took the OAT. the physics portion was concentrated on Kinematics and Force diagrams!

Thanks.

I thought that optics like polarized lens etc would be emphasized since it is about optometry. The first semester of physics here in our university was a bit hard but I did well in that class unlike the second semester where the nuclear reactions in the end were my death knell.

Just because one person didn't specifically have optics on their OAT, it's still fair game for the exam. Anything covered in the required year of physics may or may not show up. There definitely seems to be an emphasis on first semester stuff, but on all the practice exams I've done thus far there were at least a few optics/second semester material questions.

Isn't the optometry test the same for each other meaning that the questions might be different but the general idea is the same?

Also, can you clarify what exactly was there from the second semester?