Physics on PCAT????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mozart_fan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some Pharmacy schools require Physics as a pre-req. With the way I am planning, I will not have taken Physics till senior year, I plan to begining applying junior year...has anyone heard anything about physics possibily being put on the PCAT in the near future???

Members don't see this ad.

mozart_fan said:
Some Pharmacy schools require Physics as a pre-req. With the way I am planning, I will not have taken Physics till senior year, I plan to begining applying junior year...has anyone heard anything about physics possibily being put on the PCAT in the near future???
I had a couple af basic physics questions on my Oct PCAT but they were fairly simple. You might have even learned enough of it in Calc I to cover you for the PCAT.

I don't remember any physics being on the test (Oct. 23). As for it being on the test in the future, the blueprint this year is new, so it should be used for the next couple of years.

DrSassyPants said:
I don't remember any physics being on the test (Oct. 23). As for it being on the test in the future, the blueprint this year is new, so it should be used for the next couple of years.
There were a few physics questions on my Oct PCAT test, but they were in the quantitative section. They were basically just calculus word problems.

Crazy_Norwegian said:
There were a few physics questions on my Oct PCAT test, but they were in the quantitative section. They were basically just calculus word problems.

Yeah like the other people said physics isn't really on teh PCAT, just the quantitive section as word problems.
But I know that they have fluid motion on the MCAT so, it would be a good course to take if you are slightly interested in med school.