TopDog

2+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone!
Do dental schools care if I take the physics series all during my senior year? I will have taken all other prerequisites by the end of my junior year. I ask this because this would mean that I will take the entire physics series after I apply, so dental schools may think I'm intentionally doing this to prevent my physics grades from affecting my application GPA (which I'm not; it just makes much more sense for my schedule to take physics senior year). I appreciate any input on this topic!

Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You're fine. I changed my major, so to finish in 4 years, I have to cram all my science classes in the other 3 years. I'm taking and will finish the Phys series my Senior year (and biochem too) = this year. 5 interviews, so I doubt that will affect your chances. But senioritis hits me hard this year, so I'm slacking off quite a bit. Make sure that won't happen to you :D.

Reactions: TopDog
OP
T

TopDog

2+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You're fine. I changed my major, so to finish in 4 years, I have to cram all my science classes in the other 3 years. I'm taking and will finish the Phys series my Senior year (and biochem too) = this year. 5 interviews, so I doubt that will affect your chances. But senioritis hits me hard this year, so I'm slacking off quite a bit. Make sure that won't happen to you :D.
Thank you and congrats on the 5 interviews! hahaha tbh I'm looking forward to seniorities... from what I hear, its perfectly fine to get slightly lower grades after you apply, especially since dental schools know you're gonna be missing classes for interviews :)

About the Ads

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you and congrats on the 5 interviews! hahaha tbh I'm looking forward to seniorities... from what I hear, its perfectly fine to get slightly lower grades after you apply, especially since dental schools know you're gonna be missing classes for interviews :)
Have to get an acceptance first before slacking

OP
T

TopDog

2+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Have to get an acceptance first before slacking
Yeah I agree. I was just saying that dental schools will probably understand if you do SLIGHTLY worse than usual because many people will be traveling for interviews and missing multiple classes. I think even after you are accepted, you still have to maintain a fairly good GPA so you can never slack off too much.

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah I agree. I was just saying that dental schools will probably understand if you do SLIGHTLY worse than usual because many people will be traveling for interviews and missing multiple classes. I think even after you are accepted, you still have to maintain a fairly good GPA so you can never slack off too much.
:thumbup:

wu_53196

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I am taking my physics 1 and 2 this year as a senior and I am currently applying to dental school. As long as you take it before you matriculate into a dental program you're fine!

Reactions: TopDog
About the Ads