Physics w/o lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnson22

johnsons22
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the first half of physics right now and it is a 4 unit class. Unfortunately it is without a lab. I am going to take the second half of it next semester with a lab to complete my 8 units. Will the schools turn me down without that first lab? I have had 7 interviews so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Johnson22 said:
I am taking the first half of physics right now and it is a 4 unit class. Unfortunately it is without a lab. I am going to take the second half of it next semester with a lab to complete my 8 units. Will the schools turn me down without that first lab? I have had 7 interviews so far.

I guess it depends on what you told them you were going to complete. Did you give them the impression that you were going to complete the full year with lab?

On the AADSAS application it never says whether you take with a lab or not. I just said I was taking 4 units of physics which is what I am doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Johnson22 said:
On the AADSAS application it never says whether you take with a lab or not. I just said I was taking 4 units of physics which is what I am doing.

That is true. Some transcripts will indicate whether a lab was included. Some schools have the labs seperate and some the labs are part of the class. I would make sure. The last thing you need is to get accepted and lose that acceptance based on something you could have easily remedied.

DDSdude said:
That is true. Some transcripts will indicate whether a lab was included. Some schools have the labs seperate and some the labs are part of the class. I would make sure. The last thing you need is to get accepted and lose that acceptance based on something you could have easily remedied.

thats weird a 4 unit class usually includes a lab but i think when they mean 2 semesters they mean lab with it i would call the schools you are applying to and ask...