physio book question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I don't know whether I should use Kaplan or BRS for phys. Most everyone uses and say BRS is better. But, I am taking a spread out 15 day kaplan course, and they will spend 3 days using their book obviosuly. So, should I screw kaplan and use BRS (i think it would be a faster read--the kaplan is intimidating, it's 500 pages, albeit there are all the diagrams and pics :eek: ) ?Anyways, any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan has pics and diagrams, larger font, larger spacing and literally huge page margins. All in all, BRS has more information than Kaplan and, perhaps, could take even longer to go through. One thing, though: Kaplan manages to present some pieces of information in a more friendly manner, and the MCQs at the end of each section are better, imho, than those in BRS. Most definitely, there is nothing very different in Kaplan, however renal, for instance, seemed far better in BRS.

I used BRS as primary source, skimmed through Kaplan and did all the questions in it. I am quite satisfied with my review.

BRS Physio is great. It's all most people use for Step I review, that and questions.