PICC Lines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abish

xbix
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi.
Why should the PICC line reach the Superior Venecava ? Why worry about the arrhythmias et.al ?
Can't the tip be pushed up to reach just the Subclavian Vein ? (by measuring the length obviously).
I'd want to put the PICC in office without EKG support / Radiology. Possible ?
🙂
 
Hi.
Why should the PICC line reach the Superior Venecava ? Why worry about the arrhythmias et.al ?
Can't the tip be pushed up to reach just the Subclavian Vein ? (by measuring the length obviously).
I'd want to put the PICC in office without EKG support / Radiology. Possible ?
🙂
We put them in in our office without rads or EKG at the time of placement. They need radiology review before they can be used though.

Have you not ever seen a central line threaded up the IJ? I have...more than once...this year.
 
We put them in in our office without rads or EKG at the time of placement. They need radiology review before they can be used though.

Have you not ever seen a central line threaded up the IJ? I have...more than once...this year.
Something to do with durability ?
I want to put in a peds cvp line through the cephalic vein in an adult.
(Because peds cvp is available for free and the patient can't afford a PICC line)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile