Picking a lender

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorj321

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I'm starting Dental School at OU this fall and have been asked to pick a lender. Is there someone that most people use or would any big bank be fine? Help please.

Members don't see this ad.

I would check out a program called graduate leverage at graduateleverage.com. Its a group that actually started out as a class project for business school at harvard I think. They have a bunch of lenders bid for the best rates and then pass it on to the 40,000 plus students that use them. You give them your info and then they send you back an email with their recommendations for your loans. Its a good deal and I reccomend checking it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are all about the same. Lots of competition in the student lending market. You really can't go too wrong. My school gave us a list of 4 or 5 lenders to choose from. Took about an hour of research before I decided on one. Good luck.

I start at OU this June as well.

JavadiCavity is correct. Most of the lenders on the OU list were also on my undergrad lender list. I ran those by my accountant once and he told me that they were all pretty much the same and none had any real advantage over the other.

With all being the same, I just went with one that I once had a mortgage with.