Picking a Scool, any advice greatly appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Alex Jamison

Mahmud Abdallah
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!
I got accepted into a few schools but I'm choosing between Southern College Optometry (Memphis, TN) and Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA). I just wanted to know what everyone thought (good or bad) about each school, family and friends can only take you so far but after all, it's the students attending, not them. Any help would be awesome!
 
SCO is a much more impressive school in my opinion, and you will save roughly $5,000 a year on tuition alone. Now take into account cost of living difference between Tennessee and California. You will save cartloads of money attending SCO, while receiving a great education. You're welcome, for making your decision for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm happy with SCO. They just finished construction on a state of the art classroom, new pre-clinic teaching labs, and study areas. I never even considered any of the other schools, SCO was my only choice.
 
Hey everyone!
I got accepted into a few schools but I'm choosing between Southern College Optometry (Memphis, TN) and Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA). I just wanted to know what everyone thought (good or bad) about each school, family and friends can only take you so far but after all, it's the students attending, not them. Any help would be awesome!

Which school did you end up picking?
 
SCO has been around forever, while the other is pretty new. Go with the established school. Living in CA is horrendously expensive.