picking a specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Firebird

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember those tests we took back in high school/college that determined what kind of job you would enjoy? I was wondering if there's anything like that for the medical profession. I have recently come to the conclusion that I have no clue what I want kind of residency I want to do and something like that might, for once, come in handy.

Members don't see this ad.

You can take the Myers-Briggs personality test. There's published info that says what specialties people with the different test results tend to choose. I know our school offers the test to anyone that wants to take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy said:
You can take the Myers-Briggs personality test. There's published info that says what specialties people with the different test results tend to choose. I know our school offers the test to anyone that wants to take it.

Cool guys...thanks!

Put 'em in a hat and pull one out.

Interesting website guys. I'm not taking the results too seriously, but I ranked rads/path/derm as my top 3 matches when I finished. How convenient, that'll be easy! maybe I'll stick with FP.

ps-firebird, I hear people who like GLUTAMIC ACID do great in all specialties, so don't worry ;)

The tests aren't really helpful. You will see all the presonality types in each specialty. Just try and get lots of exposure in medical school and during your third years, things will start to click.. Keep an open mind and think about what kind of life you want to have.

That's great, Kate...but my favorite is TYROSINE.