picture id problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prets

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For giving the nbde one has to furnish 2 picture ids. Could u pls tell me what will these be. I have my passport, do not have a drivers license. Any suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

go to ur local dmv and ask for a state ID.that might help..i think u can also take ur home country's drivers license if u have one..but pls call the centre beforehand and ask if they will accept it.

prets said:
For giving the nbde one has to furnish 2 picture ids. Could u pls tell me what will these be. I have my passport, do not have a drivers license. Any suggestions.

prets said:

Hi,

do u have any credit card? this also helps..i took my passport & my credit card only..i too dont have drivers licence

GOOD LUCK

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

credit card or debit card would work but it should have your picture on it, thats how i went for exam.

greatdentist

my credit card does not have a picture, so what should i do.
thanks

HI prets,
I have been thru the same prob.Speak to the person who is going to be there on the day of ur exam.Tell her u an international student and u dont have a 2nd id.She will ask u to get ur home country driving license.But I applied for state id at the DPS office and waited till I received it and then gave my exam.Credit cards wont help cos they dont have a photo.
bye
drsj

Prets,

The DPS here,takes about 2 weeks to send your state Id once you've asked for it.Do it ASAP.

prets said:
my credit card does not have a picture, so what should i do.
thanks
hi,
Even i dont have any picture on my credit card ,but they accepted ,but safe side u better talk to them & also carry any scoreresult form like toefl if u hv taken in usa.optional

GOOD LUCK

prets said:
You need to show one photo id (passport) and one with proof of your signature .The second one need not carry a photograph along with it.You may carry your credit card.If you still have doubts you may call your test center and confirm with them.That would be safe.

Dentist3 said:
You need to show one photo id (passport) and one with proof of your signature .The second one need not carry a photograph along with it.You may carry your credit card.If you still have doubts you may call your test center and confirm with them.That would be safe.

as far as i remember , passport plus credit card or debit card , local library card is adequate, SSn is not acceptable and nor is an indian driving license.
when i appeared , i had my driving license but they did not consider it , passport is adequate along with any other ID even non photo is acceptable.mine isnt with a photograph.
hope this helps.

thankx everyone, i will be taking my passport and the instruction permit which has my signature and also a credit card.
I hope that works.
thanks