picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garry11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys,

dental schools require a 2 by 2 picture...is it a passport picture? should i wear a shirt and a tie?

Members don't see this ad.

Garry11 said:
guys,

dental schools require a 2 by 2 picture...is it a passport picture? should i wear a shirt and a tie?

I used a wallet sized senior picture (from high school) and just cut it to 2X2

no- it's just so they can recall who you are and look for you at the itnerview. Just use a regular picture and cut it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Garry11 said:
guys,

I did the shirt and tie and digital camera thing

I did the whole suit and tie thing for my picture. Oh, and I did get passport photos.

Use your 4th-grade class picture mug shot. That'll leave an impression.

I just went to my local camera/film processing store and asked for a few passport photos. They took a picture with a digital camera and I had a them in my hands in 5 minutes. Oh, I didn't dress up or anything.

Sweeti8286 said:
no (...) Just use a regular picture and cut it.
beasleyr said:
[...] Oh, I didn't dress up or anything.
try to use a pic where your doing something risque, like flipping the bird at the camera, it'll give you an angle and definately something to distinguish yourself at the interview. anyways, risque nowadays is very "regular" definately don't do the shirt and tie thing, it's only professional school and it's way overdo. also, from personal experience, i found that naked works well; a 20 min video of you naked, preferably having sex with yourself or someone else will also help adcoms remember you. just, no matter what, do not wear a shirt and tie, maybe unless you are naked. i cannot stress how important it is to be "normal". if you don't listen to me, you will not get in (i swear! i speak from personal experience!).

ps
my buddy just googled his name and submitted one of the pics he found. if your name is Gary, i would take advantage of the fact that your name is infamous from Spongebob Squarepants cartoons. i think it's worth the risk to play yourself off as Gary from Spongebob:
pdPASBS0006.jpg

I took a digital photo of myself (normal-suit and tie) like a passport and took it to WalMart. I got a sheet of ID photos (2X2) printed. I think it even cost less than a dollar. If that doens't work this year then next year you may want to try the abnormal stuff.