Pillpack was founded by a pharmacist....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PillPack founders, 32 and 35, to get $100 million each in Amazon deal

Pillpack was founded by a pharmacist with a vision. If you don’t know much about the founder, his name is TJ Parker and he had a very simple idea that we’ve all heard about on our rotations, at work, etc about pill burden. Just 1-2 years after he graduated from pharmacy school (amidst the saturation), he organized with the right people and brought his solution to life. Today he’s walking away with $100 million bucks, and his company will likely affect all of our jobs in the next decade as Amazon makes it’s push into healthcare via pill pack.

I don’t come to Student doctor much anymore, even though I (partially) owe my opportunity to becoming a pharmacist to Student doctor if I’m being honest. The mentorship back in the day was excellent. The reason I don’t come here so much is because of all of the negativity I hear amongst our professional community here. The saturation, the competitiveness, and the lack of organizing I see to solve problems in our profession. I just posted this to remind you, that while you’re complaining, and being negative there are some people who are working hard, kicking ass, and taking names.

Congrats to TJ Parker, even if he did just kill our profession.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users