Pimp My PowerPoint!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoverMe

Registered Republican
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello... I'm an OMS-1 and I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for Anatomy. The general assigned topic is "Penetrating Neck Injury" with a lot of latitude on where I want to go with that topic.

I'm coming at it from an ER/surg stand point, "What you should know if this shows up." Generally (i'm not done yet) I'm covering zones of the neck, associated anatomy, abc's, and films/labs/studies that would commonly be requested... just up to the point of going to surgery.

What I'm looking for, is to add a few slides on things a medical student should know and expect to be questioned about, regarding penetrating neck injury.... pimp questions.

I'm going to go check out Surgical Recall in the am, but until then, if anyone has any suggested questions or places to look for questions, I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Do a google search or even better use an anatomy text. Off the top of my head you should know what sort of things to look for depending on which zone the penetrating trauma was located. Additionally, the way this is handled in real life is a little different than anatomy lab. My experience has been much less with the Ant vs post triangle and more with the 3 zones. I, II and III.

Here is a good place to start.

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic331.htm

EctopicFetus said:
Do a google search or even better use an anatomy text. Off the top of my head you should know what sort of things to look for depending on which zone the penetrating trauma was located. Additionally, the way this is handled in real life is a little different than anatomy lab. My experience has been much less with the Ant vs post triangle and more with the 3 zones. I, II and III.

Here is a good place to start.

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic331.htm

Thanks!! I actually used this EXACT page for a lot of my ppt info already!!

I definitely focused on zones, and the anatomy associated with each. One physician I spoke with mentioned the concomitant hemo/pneumo to definitely look for when evaluating a zone I injury, so i made sure to include that.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also look on trauma.org.

(www.trauma.org)

I did a conference on this and if you want I can try and did it up, send me a PM