PIMP Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RobbingReality

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have been some PIMP questions that have been asked of you in past ER rotations? Can you recommned any books for preparing for PIMP questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you capitalizing pimp? Is it meant to be shouted or is it an acronym?

I didn't get pimped (or PIMPED) a lot on my ER rotations. What was really helpful was knowing how to do a good focused physical exam and history. Most of my pimp-type questions were testing to see how well I could assess my patient in a timely manner and then knowing what the next step should be. I didn't get a whole lot of the surgery-style "what's the name of this random artery" questions.

Why are you capitalizing pimp? Is it meant to be shouted or is it an acronym?

PIMP is an acronym that stands for Put In My Place. Usually attendings ask questions that are meant to stump the student.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a PIMP style question for you...did you use the search function? :thumbup:

What have been some PIMP questions that have been asked of you in past ER rotations? Can you recommned any books for preparing for PIMP questions?

Dude. Try "PIMP Protector." It just got published. Its right up your alley. Its specifically designed with your question in mind....

;)

Q (shameless plug, and not a TOS violation, yet, I'm working on my GoogleAds)

Dude. Try "PIMP Protector." It just got published. Its right up your alley. Its specifically designed with your question in mind....

;)

Q (shameless plug, and not a TOS violation, yet, I'm working on my GoogleAds)

If a mod commits a TOS violation, does he have to ban himself?

Last time I got spanked by Dr. Mom on my bum.

Hmmm... I kind of liked it, maybe I'll commit another TOS violation....

Q
You like BDSM and have a thing for the tall, dark and feathered variety eh? :laugh:

I bought Quinn's book - it is a good read, I like the format - I look forward to future editions (when a few of the typos are cleared out).

Shop around for it though - I spent $39 on Amazon and THEN heard that you could get it cheaper. *shrug*

I bought Quinn's book - it is a good read, I like the format - I look forward to future editions (when a few of the typos are cleared out).

Shop around for it though - I spent $39 on Amazon and THEN heard that you could get it cheaper. *shrug*

You're my new favorite SDNer! Did you get the centerfold issue? ;)

Q

i saw the title to this thread and became curious ONLY about how tactfully the plug would come . . . nice job quinn.

however, i am still waiting for amazon to releasethe book. i'll probably graduate before i get the book . . .

i saw the title to this thread and became curious ONLY about how tactfully the plug would come . . . nice job quinn.

however, i am still waiting for amazon to releasethe book. i'll probably graduate before i get the book . . .

I just got mine a couple days ago. They were released on the first. Maybe we should start a thread for those of us reading it and finding typos so Quinn can have them fixed for the next edition!