• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Why are you capitalizing pimp? Is it meant to be shouted or is it an acronym?

I didn't get pimped (or PIMPED) a lot on my ER rotations. What was really helpful was knowing how to do a good focused physical exam and history. Most of my pimp-type questions were testing to see how well I could assess my patient in a timely manner and then knowing what the next step should be. I didn't get a whole lot of the surgery-style "what's the name of this random artery" questions.

About the Ads

Dr. Will

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2002
Houston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Here's a PIMP style question for you...did you use the search function? :thumbup:

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
What have been some PIMP questions that have been asked of you in past ER rotations? Can you recommned any books for preparing for PIMP questions?

Dude. Try "PIMP Protector." It just got published. Its right up your alley. Its specifically designed with your question in mind....

;)

Q (shameless plug, and not a TOS violation, yet, I'm working on my GoogleAds)

SoCuteMD

15+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
No more rounding!
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Dude. Try "PIMP Protector." It just got published. Its right up your alley. Its specifically designed with your question in mind....

;)

Q (shameless plug, and not a TOS violation, yet, I'm working on my GoogleAds)

If a mod commits a TOS violation, does he have to ban himself?

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
Another one of us sneaks behinds them and bans them. Very messy.

Last time I got spanked by Dr. Mom on my bum.

Hmmm... I kind of liked it, maybe I'll commit another TOS violation....

Q

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I bought Quinn's book - it is a good read, I like the format - I look forward to future editions (when a few of the typos are cleared out).

Shop around for it though - I spent $39 on Amazon and THEN heard that you could get it cheaper. *shrug*

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
I bought Quinn's book - it is a good read, I like the format - I look forward to future editions (when a few of the typos are cleared out).

Shop around for it though - I spent $39 on Amazon and THEN heard that you could get it cheaper. *shrug*

You're my new favorite SDNer! Did you get the centerfold issue? ;)

Q

Arctic Char

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2005
not fishing . . .
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i saw the title to this thread and became curious ONLY about how tactfully the plug would come . . . nice job quinn.

however, i am still waiting for amazon to releasethe book. i'll probably graduate before i get the book . . .

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i saw the title to this thread and became curious ONLY about how tactfully the plug would come . . . nice job quinn.

however, i am still waiting for amazon to releasethe book. i'll probably graduate before i get the book . . .

I just got mine a couple days ago. They were released on the first. Maybe we should start a thread for those of us reading it and finding typos so Quinn can have them fixed for the next edition!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.