Pimp Questions

Started by Cystospaz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cystospaz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I did some searching on this subject but didn't come up with much. So for those of us starting to do our audition rotations what are some common/important anesthesia pimp questions? Thanks in advance for the help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I did some searching on this subject but didn't come up with much. So for those of us starting to do our audition rotations what are some common/important anesthesia pimp questions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Anesthesiologists don't pimp medical students. They use the socratic method of teaching.😀

I would say anything on airway is fair game. Then questions on the most commonly used anesthetic drugs. If I'm doing a neuraxial block I like to ask students to tell me in order what layers you go through to get to the intrathecal space. You probably get a handout for your rotation -- review that. These guys didn't create the handout because they had nothing better to do with their time.

Anesthesiology secrets has a ton of information. I didn't think it was an easy read, but perhaps I just have an older edition.
 
Here are some questions I've heard attendings ask students.

- Criteria for extubation
- Contraindications for succinylcholine
- Contraindications for LMA use
- How to verify ventilation and adequate ETT placement after intubation
- What happens if bilateral injury to the recurrent laryngeal nerve occurs