pimple popper, m.d

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobluemichigan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a second year student today about how to do well in 3rd year. The girl is interested in dermatology but I warned her to keep her aspirations to herself. She gave me this confused look a didn't seem to understand why I would say that.
I don't know about you guys but as soon as the "d" word is out there its a bear of battle to regain any sense of respect from medicine/surgery/pedi/obgyn attendings and residents. I usually played the "I don't know yet" card and it worked like a charm. :cool: On one surgery rotation, a fellow student let on to the chief resident that I was actually a derm-wannabe and after that I never heard the end of it.

"derm is so stupid --> if its wet, dry it, if its dry, wet it"
"All you care about is money"
"you are lazy"
"you won't be a real doctor"
"sure, if you want to be pimple popper m.d"

some residents made it their personal mission to make my life a living hell after they found out I was into derm. :rolleyes:

GO BLUE!

Members don't see this ad.

true, but at the same time i was able to get people to automatically think i was smart by saying i was going into derm.

attending or resident: "you must be one of the smart ones"

end result: helped my evals :thumbup:

I was talking to a second year student today about how to do well in 3rd year. The girl is interested in dermatology but I warned her to keep her aspirations to herself. She gave me this confused look a didn't seem to understand why I would say that.
I don't know about you guys but as soon as the "d" word is out there its a bear of battle to regain any sense of respect from medicine/surgery/pedi/obgyn attendings and residents. I usually played the "I don't know yet" card and it worked like a charm. :cool: On one surgery rotation, a fellow student let on to the chief resident that I was actually a derm-wannabe and after that I never heard the end of it.

"derm is so stupid --> if its wet, dry it, if its dry, wet it"
"All you care about is money"
"you are lazy"
"you won't be a real doctor"
"sure, if you want to be pimple popper m.d"

some residents made it their personal mission to make my life a living hell after they found out I was into derm. :rolleyes:

GO BLUE!

Those residents are just a bunch of haters, who have nothing to look forward to except their one golden weekend a quarter. You know misery loves company, they just want you to be miserable like them.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a future Radiologist, I agree. "I haven't decided" is the best answer for any question about specialties.

Just say you want to be a Mohs Surgeon and perform simple facial plastics reconstruction after excision. Why mention the word derm at all? You have to play around with the wording. :)