You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pitt 2015-2016 DPT
Started by Pthopeful134
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received an acceptance email from them today. I submitted late August.Has anyone heard from Pitt yet? I know there deadline was Monday and they said they will start sending out acceptances soon.
Congratulations, thank you for the update!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are they basing acceptances on? Could you guys give your stats?
What are they basing acceptances on? Could you guys give your stats?
University: Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology (Business minor)
Overall GPA: 3.76
Pre-Req GPA: 3.57
GRE: V-157 Q-151 AW- 4.0?
Extra-Curric: Student Veteran Association, work at least part time during entire collegiate career sometimes 2 jobs.
Volunteer: 315 hours total: 315 outpatient ortho/neuro/geriatric/pediatric/sport. Trying to set up inpatient now.
Applied: Creighton, Delaware, Northwestern, Mayo, MGH, Northern Arizona, Pacific (Oregon), Washington, Florida, Illinois at Chicago, Pitt.
Interviews: Creighton (10/30), Delaware (11/30)
Acceptances:Northwestern, Pitt
Wait-list: Mayo
Rejections: N/A
Submitted 9-7 verified 10-5.
University: University of Washington
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Overall GPA: 3.70
Pre-Req GPA: 3.70
GRE: 151 V 159 Q 4.0 W
Extra-Curric: ASME, D-I Student Athletic Trainer, background in special education, research, camp counselor, UW Pre-PT Club, Vietnam Health Clinic, hospital volunteer, agency affiliated counselor
Hours: 2300+ inpatient peds | 500+ ortho/sports | 60 schools | 30 acute | 16 outpatient rehab
Applied: University of Washington, Northwestern University, Eastern Washington University, University of Delaware, PITT, UNTHSC, Arcadia University
Acceptances: University of Delaware, PITT
I spent a lot of time on my essays too!
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Overall GPA: 3.70
Pre-Req GPA: 3.70
GRE: 151 V 159 Q 4.0 W
Extra-Curric: ASME, D-I Student Athletic Trainer, background in special education, research, camp counselor, UW Pre-PT Club, Vietnam Health Clinic, hospital volunteer, agency affiliated counselor
Hours: 2300+ inpatient peds | 500+ ortho/sports | 60 schools | 30 acute | 16 outpatient rehab
Applied: University of Washington, Northwestern University, Eastern Washington University, University of Delaware, PITT, UNTHSC, Arcadia University
Acceptances: University of Delaware, PITT
I spent a lot of time on my essays too!
University: University of Washington
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Overall GPA: 3.70
Pre-Req GPA: 3.70
GRE: 151 V 159 Q 4.0 W
Extra-Curric: ASME, D-I Student Athletic Trainer, background in special education, research, camp counselor, UW Pre-PT Club, Vietnam Health Clinic, hospital volunteer, agency affiliated counselor
Hours: 2300+ inpatient peds | 500+ ortho/sports | 60 schools | 30 acute | 16 outpatient rehab
Applied: University of Washington, Northwestern University, Eastern Washington University, University of Delaware, PITT, UNTHSC, Arcadia University
Acceptances: University of Delaware, PITT
I spent a lot of time on my essays too!
University: Arizona State University
Major: Kinesiology (Business minor)
Overall GPA: 3.76
Pre-Req GPA: 3.57
GRE: V-157 Q-151 AW- 4.0?
Extra-Curric: Student Veteran Association, work at least part time during entire collegiate career sometimes 2 jobs.
Volunteer: 315 hours total: 315 outpatient ortho/neuro/geriatric/pediatric/sport. Trying to set up inpatient now.
Applied: Creighton, Delaware, Northwestern, Mayo, MGH, Northern Arizona, Pacific (Oregon), Washington, Florida, Illinois at Chicago, Pitt.
Interviews: Creighton (10/30), Delaware (11/30)
Acceptances:Northwestern, Pitt
Wait-list: Mayo
Rejections: N/A
Submitted 9-7 verified 10-5.
You guys have pretty good stats! I think the downfall in my app is my GRE Scores which is probably why I haven't heard back yet from Pitt. I received V-146 Q-150 AW-4.5 I have a 3.97 Cum and 4.0 Pre-req. But I recently got accepted to Temple so I'm really excited about that. Congrats guys! We're one step closer to our dream!
Same here with the stats, 3.86 overall 3.76 pre req with 800 outpatient, 30 inpatient and 120 home health with a stroke patient. Also student veteran but my GRE's weren't that great so I'm guessing thats why I haven't heard either
University: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise Minor: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.04
Pre-Req GPA: 2.72
GRE: 154 V 160 Q 4.0 W
Certifications: CPR, AED, USAW, CSCS
Professional Experience: Personal Trainer for Lifetime Fitness (Current), Strength and Conditioning Coach for SAPT (Strength and Performance Training, Inc.), PT-Aide at Commonwealth Orthopaedics.
Extra-Curric: VT Student Athletic Trainer, VT Strength & Conditioning Intern, Sigma Phi Epsilon-VA KAPPA (Member, House Manager, President), VT Pre-PT Club, VT Triathlon Club, Tons of volunteer hours at a Therapeutic Riding Center/local elementary school/various others, Fitness blogging.
Hours: 600+ Outpatient/12 Inpatient/200+Neuro.Peds.Hippotherapy
Applied: Round 1: Denied from Temple, Marymount, Chatham, Drexel, VCU, Duquesne, Shenandoah, Arcadia. Wait-listed from Pitt
Round 2: Pitt - Accepted.
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise Minor: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.04
Pre-Req GPA: 2.72
GRE: 154 V 160 Q 4.0 W
Certifications: CPR, AED, USAW, CSCS
Professional Experience: Personal Trainer for Lifetime Fitness (Current), Strength and Conditioning Coach for SAPT (Strength and Performance Training, Inc.), PT-Aide at Commonwealth Orthopaedics.
Extra-Curric: VT Student Athletic Trainer, VT Strength & Conditioning Intern, Sigma Phi Epsilon-VA KAPPA (Member, House Manager, President), VT Pre-PT Club, VT Triathlon Club, Tons of volunteer hours at a Therapeutic Riding Center/local elementary school/various others, Fitness blogging.
Hours: 600+ Outpatient/12 Inpatient/200+Neuro.Peds.Hippotherapy
Applied: Round 1: Denied from Temple, Marymount, Chatham, Drexel, VCU, Duquesne, Shenandoah, Arcadia. Wait-listed from Pitt
Round 2: Pitt - Accepted.
Last edited:
I got wait-listed at Pitt. Does anyone know how many they usually accept off the wait list or how many people get put on the wait list?
I just got an email saying that I've been accepted !
I just got an email saying that I've been accepted !
Congrats! When did you submit your application?
It was verified in september sometimeCongrats! When did you submit your application?
I just got an email saying that I've been accepted !
Congrats on your acceptances! Do you know where you are going to accept?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of you who were accepted received the "Preview Pitt PT" open house event invitation e-mail yet?
I'm still leaning towards drexel because of the scholarship. I would be saving a significant amount of money. Plus Im from philly so I would already have a place to stay.Congrats on your acceptances! Do you know where you are going to accept?