1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pitt and Temple interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by alfie5884, Nov 16, 2005.

1. alfie5884

alfie5884 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Anyone interviewed at these schools yet? How was your experience there? I'm a bit worried about the group interview at Temple :oops:

BTW anyone take a Greybound bus to these schools? If so, which station did you get off that's closest to the school?

Thanks!
    Jen

2. aatu04

aatu04 Member
    5+ Year Member

I will be going there in January. I am worried about the group interview as well, and don't really know what to expect! Where do you plan on staying? I don't know the city at all so I am trying to look into options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Todds2be@work

[email protected] Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have an interview at Temple in January too. Just looking to book the plane ticket. I dont know how this group interview thing works. :confused:

4. alfie5884

alfie5884 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I live in NY so I'm just taking a Greyhound bus into PA. I won't be staying at any hotels. Mine are coming up pretty soon, 11/21 and 11/30 so I'm freaking out!! :scared:

5. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Dentist

good luck alfie! :)

6. alfie5884

alfie5884 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks! :D

7. aatu04

aatu04 Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi, When is your interview? Mine is January 24th. Where are you staying?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. sweetcynik

sweetcynik Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I've been to Pitt from Greyhound many times. The bus station is in downtown Pittsburgh, but there are cabs waiting outside. If you decide to take a cab directly to Oakland, where the dental school is, it'll cost you around $15 or so (prices may have gone up since the last time I took a cab to Oakland, so you would want to bring more just in case).

As for Temple's group interview, it's nothing to worry about. After lunch, they will call out names and divide you up into your interview groups and you follow a dental student to where your interview will take place.
    My interviewer basically read out a question, and kind of asked "so who wants to take this one first?" and we all go around saying our respective answers. It does suck to be the last to go when all the "good answers" have been said already, but it also gives you good info for your own. Good luck to you guys!

Alfie, let me know how Pitt is! I'll be interviewing there on the 28th!

9. aatu04

aatu04 Member
    5+ Year Member

So anyone going to Temple January 24th? Anyone?

10. ms juiicy

ms juiicy New Member

Pre-Dental

i am !! and i have no idea how to prepare for it. :confused:

11. bkwash

bkwash Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yeah the group interview isn't that bad, esp. if you have a windbag in your group that is sucking all of the air out of the room. Sit in the middle of the group so that you never have to go first (i sat on the end :eek: ) and you will be fine :thumbup: