Pitt anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKumar43210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i got an interview scheduled for next week...jk

Nothing, I just sent in my check and my photo in yesterday

Don't know anything for sure, but I've heard that they start interviews in early September. Unlike some other schools, you actually get a good meal at Pitt! Hehe. See you guys there at the interview!

Last edited:
Don't know anything for sure, but I've heard that they start interviews in early September. Unlike some other schools, you actually get a good meal at Pitt! Hehe. See you guys there at the interview!

According to predents the earliest interviews last year were towards the end of October and a majority of them were in November.

Unlike some other schools, you actually get a good meal at Pitt!

What kind of meal are we talking about? Steak dinner? Someone should start a thread with a list of provided interview meals at each school. I'll bet that'd get stickied immediately.

According to predents the earliest interviews last year were towards the end of October and a majority of them were in November.

I guess I heard incorrectly then - thought they said September was when they started.

The meal is a really nice catered buffet in the VIP section of the Pitt Stadium across the street. It was pretty nice. You have lunch/brunch with the d1's or d2's I think.

their earliest interview date last cycle was October 3rd and invites were sent out in late september (you could choose from 2 dates in october and one in november).

They won't start cashing checks / processing anything til september so you guys have a while.

They have 3 interview dates in the fall and 3 interview dates in the spring.

their earliest interview date last cycle was October 3rd and invites were sent out in late september (you could choose from 2 dates in october and one in november).

They won't start cashing checks / processing anything til september so you guys have a while.

They have 3 interview dates in the fall and 3 interview dates in the spring.

Ahh, that makes sense, I must have heard that they start giving out interviews in September. And the few number of interviews doesn't surprise me, there were like 60-80 people at my interview in February.

Ahh, that makes sense, I must have heard that they start giving out interviews in September. And the few number of interviews doesn't surprise me, there were like 60-80 people at my interview in February.

WOW 60-80people?... was it like a large classroom-style interview? (~8-10 people interview at same time... in same room?)

nope, they split you up into two groups and everyone is matched 1on1 w/ a faculty member private int.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, during the first big info session you get a folder with all of the basic info in it, as well as an envelope with your name on it, and it has when, where, and who you're interviewing with. Like 13 said, they were all one on one, closed file, very conversational.

Hey guys! Don't worry if you haven't heard from Pitt yet. I submitted my stuff in May last year (the cycle started May 15th) and I didn't get an email from Pitt saying they had everything until sometime in September. I got my interview invite at the end of September and I went to the first possible interview day which was October 13th. Just be patient!
As for the interview day, there are maybe 30-40 students there and you sit in an auditorium for most of the informational lectures but your interview is 1 on 1. Pitt had one of the most laid back interviews out of all of the places I went to so don't get too worried.
Good luck!

My AADSAS status just got updated yesterday to say that Pitt received my application and that it is complete.

just barely got application received email (aadsas mailing 8/10). anyone else get any kind of response from them recently? is there an application complete email that follows up a few weeks later?

So is Pitt starting even later this year than last year? It's October and I still have heard about anyone getting an invite.

just barely got application received email (aadsas mailing 8/10). anyone else get any kind of response from them recently? is there an application complete email that follows up a few weeks later?

yea i got the app received email too (on 9/29) lol i hate waiting

I'm at Pitt, and I heard two weeks ago that they hadn't even had a meeting of the admissions committee yet to start looking at apps, so expect lots of late October / November interviews I suppose. One trend I think I've noticed in talking with other students is that more than half of the 80 person class is chosen after Dec 1st.

Don't worry guys, they'll take care of you. I know they can look at apps very quickly though, because I got my interview invite a week after I got my App received email.

I just got an invite from Pitt about a half hour ago. Available dates: Oct 19 Nov 2, Nov 23, Dec 7

Congrats! Rose must have just sent out all the emails at once, hehe. I put some tips on the other Pitt post, might be helpful.

Yup, I just got the exact same email as well. Hopefully gonna make it for the 2nd.

Congrats! Rose must have just sent out all the emails at once, hehe. I put some tips on the other Pitt post, might be helpful.

Do you know how many interviewees are invited for each date?

So do you think that means no interviews pre december for those who haven't received an email??

Just got my invitation!

Nov 2nd

I got an invite to interview through email yesterday! I put my reservation in for Oct. 19th, but they haven't gotten back to me yet