Pitt Interview Agenda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeliu0112

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I got a confirmation from Pitt for Feb 18. Hope to see some of you there!
But I have a question for anyone who may know . . .

2:00 P.M. – 2:30 P.M.Tying Up Loose Ends
Ms. Rose Mangold
Assistant Director, Admissions
Writing sample, Questionnaire

Does anyone know what the "writing sample" is supposed to be? That somewhat took me by surprise.

Thanks in advance!

joeliu0112

Members don't see this ad.

Rose gives you a topic and you write for 15 minutes. Ours wasn't scientific or dental related. It was easy.

Hey! Thanks for the quick response.
What is the purpose of this writing assignment? Is it factored into our interview "score?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I think more than anything they want to know if you can be coherent in written form. Even after all the years of school, I suppose that some applicants really struggle to get their point across with writing assignments. My writing sample was given the following prompt: "Tell me how to ride a bike". Nothing too serious, just something that indicates that you can form a thought with words. Don't sweat it!

yeah i got the "tell me how to ride a bike" essay as well. fanatic, did you happen to interview in November? lol. i interviewed at VCU yesterday and we were all given random ethical essay questions. don't sweat it. really, all they want is to see that you can organize your thoughts coherently. if you can't, well.....start sweating. ;)

i got the "If money was not a factor, what would you do with your life?"

don't know if they are looking for you to be noble...but couldn't hurt to be a little noble and help the poor.

try to get into pitt.....very easy...i love it

I have the Pitt Feb 18 Interview as well, see ya there :)

yeah i got the "tell me how to ride a bike" essay as well. fanatic, did you happen to interview in November? lol. i interviewed at VCU yesterday and we were all given random ethical essay questions. don't sweat it. really, all they want is to see that you can organize your thoughts coherently. if you can't, well.....start sweating. ;)

I did interview in November! You must have been there :D

Writing is no big deal.My topic was what is the best day of the last year.

Seems to me that I have made it easy for ya! I remember you...

That was a lie. I apologize.

I think more than anything they want to know if you can be coherent in written form. Even after all the years of school, I suppose that some applicants really struggle to get their point across with writing assignments. My writing sample was given the following prompt: "Tell me how to ride a bike". Nothing too serious, just something that indicates that you can form a thought with words. Don't sweat it!

what an interesting topic, did they really want the steps or is it supposed to be an analogy for something bigger like a career in dentistry?

how much are you expected to write in 15 min? a paragraph or so, I think a page would be a little much.