pitt interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application last night and received an email this morning from pitt saying they've reviewed my file and are inviting me for an interview... is it possible they actually read my file or is this some sort of automated response?

Also, do schools like Duke, Harvard, Hopkins, etc screen before giving out secondaries? I still haven't gotten them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

ABSOLUTsher07 said:
I just submitted my application last night and received an email this morning from pitt saying they've reviewed my file and are inviting me for an interview... is it possible they actually read my file or is this some sort of automated response?

Also, do schools like Duke, Harvard, Hopkins, etc screen before giving out secondaries? I still haven't gotten them yet.

No idea but congrats none the less.

I got an interview invite on early Sat morning the 22nd. There was no way they reviewed my file at 6:45 AM on Saturday so there must be some auto-system.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think anyone above their mean GPA and MCAT from the previous year gets an automatic invite. I'm slightly below the average (btu still competitive) and haven't gotten an invite.

ABSOLUTsher07 said:

The Hopkins secondary is on their website and many SDN'ers have already fill it out and are now "complete" at Hopkins. Don't be shy--submit Away :thumbup:

confused48 said:
The Hopkins secondary is on their website and many SDN'ers have already fill it out and are now "complete" at Hopkins. Don't be shy--submit Away :thumbup:

What about EVMS. Theirs is available on web too, but I believe that they pre-screen. Don't want to give the impression that I assume that I will automatically go through.

Hae, I would PM Depakote about EVMS. I know D applied there last year, and I think is on a WL.