Pitt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlway777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Pitt Since their last interview?

Members don't see this ad.

How bout today?
Shouldn't we hear from Rose by today or tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't interview when all of you did but if she said something like you'll hear by X date, they'll probably make the calls starting the morning of X date. I actually found out on AADSAS before I got the call. Goodluck.

yeah, she said we'll know by wednsday, which is tomorrow. I thought that meant anytime before wednsday. But thanks for the input, I'll sleep a bit easier.

i interviewed feb 19th and havent heard anything either. I dont think Rose called anyone yet because if she did I bet we would have seen threads on here saying "PITT ACCEPTANCE!" or something like that. looks like we have to wait another 12 hours. haha. goodluck

one thing we know is that jlway777 will probably be the facebook group pioneer:D I love your enthusiasm, I hope you get in.

I talked to Rose today. She said they are meeting on thursday(tomorrow)! I'm thinking Friday morning is when we'll be getting the calls if any! Hope this info helps everybody :)

JorUW,
Hear anything from UW yet?

is Pitt your second choice?

If I don't get in pitt, I'll apply UW next cycle, once I finish Biochem.

gl

JorUW,
Hear anything from UW yet?

is Pitt your second choice?
gl

I haven't heard either way. A lot of us here on SDN think that tomorrow is D-day. Pitt is my #2, but I've really fallen in love with the idea of moving away from home for a couple of a years. That being said, I'll go to UW if accepted, but the gap between the two schools has narrowed for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard from them 4 weeks ago, but my interview was on Jan 8th...and i heard they were planning two more sessions of 50+ each.

Had the interview on the 19th.

jorUW,

you mentioned you found out before the call? How?

I was one of the people who had a pre dec 1st interview. I think they offered somewhere around 80 spots in an attempt to fill the first half of their class. Rose said she couldn't call 80 people in one day so she split up the list and called half on Friday and half on Saturday. Anyway, our AADSAS was updated sometime on the morning of Dec 1st. It said "offer made" on AADSAS. As a result, a lot of people knew they were in before Rose actually called them. Even so, we were all scared that it was somesort of glich:scared: . I didn't get a call until Saturday.:D

is that a special site that tells who's accepted? I can't find that anywhere.

On your AADSAS page (where you submitted your ap;) ) There is a pull down menu at the top of the screen called "Status" from there you can select "at designated schools." The screen should display where you stand at all of your schools. The trick is that not all of the schools update it regularly.

Just trying to keep this thread alive in case someone hears from Pitt since the last interview.

Rose would not work well as a telemarketer :laugh:

I was one of the people who had a pre dec 1st interview. I think they offered somewhere around 80 spots in an attempt to fill the first half of their class. Rose said she couldn't call 80 people in one day so she split up the list and called half on Friday and half on Saturday. Anyway, our AADSAS was updated sometime on the morning of Dec 1st. It said "offer made" on AADSAS. As a result, a lot of people knew they were in before Rose actually called them. Even so, we were all scared that it was somesort of glich:scared: . I didn't get a call until Saturday.:D

What did your aadsas say?

I just checked... still Received/Under Review! :(

yea mine went from invited for interview ~> recieved/ under review...when i called rose last month (after their first spring mtg she said i was on a waitlist until they meet again) but just now it changed to recieved/ under review so im thinkin at worst that means waitlist? or maybe she won't put up offer made till later?

mine has always been Received/Under Review! even when I was invited for the interview...

Yeah mine changed from "invited for interview" to "received/under review" this morning. I finally got through to Rose and she said that I am on the waitlist. Owell I guess I am going elsewhere.

has anyone received an acceptance this today??

No but I got an "alternate list" email aka waitlisted. What about you?

i got the same...."alternate list"

does anyone know or have any idea how many people are on the alternate list?? Is it just the remaining people from the feb 19th interview, or more people from previous interview sessions??

I am pretty sure there were 3 interview dates during Jan and Feb, but I don't know when they sent acceptances for each group. There may just be the Feb 19th interviewees on the waitlist, or there may be more from the previous two interview dates. Rose said they typically lose students and have to resort to the waitlist, but I don't know if that is reassuring enough. Good Luck!

Just wondering if anyone has received any news...email, phone, aadsas? lemme know!
thanks