Pitt vs buffalo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused1617

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I got accepted to both schools and I'm oos (il) for both. When I visited Pitt, I loved the environment and the cirruculum. It was really nice and top notch. High tuition though.

Buffalo was nice but the facilities seemed old and I feel like the school is not well known in the Midwest which is where I plan to work. Tuition is good.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I personally thought the environment at Buffalo was much superior. You can also get in state after 1 year.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Choose the school you feel comfortable at. Their tuition are about the same!

Hands down Pittsburgh. I thought Buffalo was filled with nice people but the place needs some serious updating. Everything is really old and there are very limited programs. Pittsburgh is filled is possibilities and everything is up to date.

Hands down Pittsburgh. I thought Buffalo was filled with nice people but the place needs some serious updating. Everything is really old and there are very limited programs. Pittsburgh is filled is possibilities and everything is up to date.
Can you elaborate on what you mean limited programs in Buffalo?

Choose the school you feel comfortable at. Their tuition are about the same!
Buffalo offers instate after 1 year so it's a lot cheaper than Pitt.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you elaborate on what you mean limited programs in Buffalo?

I picking Buffalo over Pitt, they are almost exactly the same school with Pitt having newer facilities. Still, neither school wow'd me like some other schools but nonetheless, I am in state for Buffalo so it is a LOT cheaper than Pitt for me. I'm not sure what Ali is talking about, but I do agree some facilities seem dated but they are updating some stuff for our year and the year after.

Sorry, but Buffalo is just way to cheap to pass up for me. Even with OOS tuition+fees after 4 years you're paying like 200k? Pitts tuition alone will be about that price, so add another 10-13k a year and you're at an excess of 40-50k overall.

Reactions: 1 users
Pitt impressed me a lot more than Buffalo, but that may be because Pitt just made more of an effort to do so - I have no idea. That being said, I lean toward Pitt just because they had a lot of research opportunities (projects, funding, etc.) that really appealed to me.