snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anyone know if Pitt still has pre dec.1st interview openings? :)

Oct 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I got a letter a week and a half ago saying the final interview date for the semester is Nov. 15. I would imagine that day is full by now.

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
Status
Dentist
Yes, I'm pretty sure our last interview for the month is next week, but on the bright side, a post-December interview at Pitt gets you the same chance of an acceptance as a pre-December interview. Usually, Pitt takes 40 from before December, and 40 from after December.

OP
snaggletoof

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, I'm pretty sure our last interview for the month is next week, but on the bright side, a post-December interview at Pitt gets you the same chance of an acceptance as a pre-December interview. Usually, Pitt takes 40 from before December, and 40 from after December.
hey vic, so do you think they still invite early applicants post dec. i applied in june but retook the dat mid sept. or are they looking at, lets say college seniors and late applicants? maybe im asking too much but since you're there perhaps you have some idea.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hey vic, so do you think they still invite early applicants post dec. i applied in june but retook the dat mid sept. or are they looking at, lets say college seniors and late applicants? maybe im asking too much but since you're there perhaps you have some idea.
How come they would do that?

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
waiting for academic updates.
Oh, I think what they might do is rereview your application and compare you to all the applicants they have. I know that is what UNC does.

OP
snaggletoof

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i kinda think i would have heard by now :(

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i kinda think i would have heard by now :(
You probably got passed up and they might re-review. None of us are adcoms, so it's all just guesswork. Having a negative attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.

OP
snaggletoof

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You probably got passed up and they might re-review. None of us are adcoms, so it's all just guesswork. Having a negative attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.
your right maygyver thanks :) im not meaning to sound like im complaining.