Pittsburgh anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to Pitt. next year? what do you think about the school? How is the city? any comment is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm going to Pitt next year. What I really liked about the school was that it wasn't isolated from the rest of the campus. Being young, it was nice to see that there were lots of other students around as opposed to some other schools where to dental school is very seperate from the other students. At the interview, most of the complaints revolved around the patient pool in clinic but from what I've heard, patients are difficult at many schools. Also, being from New York, rent is a steal there and tuition becomes cheaper if you can become a PA state resident. Those who I've spoken to are very happy at Pitt and although every school has its flaws, I haven't heard many negative comments. :) Hope that helps!
~Jess

Jessica1219 said:
Hi! I'm going to Pitt next year. What I really liked about the school was that it wasn't isolated from the rest of the campus. Being young, it was nice to see that there were lots of other students around as opposed to some other schools where to dental school is very seperate from the other students. At the interview, most of the complaints revolved around the patient pool in clinic but from what I've heard, patients are difficult at many schools. Also, being from New York, rent is a steal there and tuition becomes cheaper if you can become a PA state resident. Those who I've spoken to are very happy at Pitt and although every school has its flaws, I haven't heard many negative comments. :) Hope that helps!
~Jess
Pitt is a great school. And like you pointed out, every school has its flaws. I find it hard to believe that there is a shortage of patients there...Pitt is a pretty big city with a good size population that would cater toward a good clinical pool.

kudos to both of you on a school that is going to serve you well. best of luck!
crazy8

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm also going to Pitt next year! :D What impressed me most about Pitt was how friendly and helpful everyone was (staff/facility/students). There really seemed to be a sense of comradeship between the classmates, which is certainly a plus. As stated earlier, I also really like how the campus is integrated with the city and it seems like there's lots to do. Pitt's facilities, operatories and SIM lab are also quite impressive. I just overall got a good vibe from Pitt and look forward to moving out to Pittsburgh to go to dental school there. I am also not sure why it has been said that it is difficult to get patients... it's not like Pittsburgh is a small city.

Good luck making a decision!

thanks for the comments, I have to decide between indian or pitt. soon. any other comments is appreciated.