Pitzer/Western U DO progarm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madamebovary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone applied to this school's progarm
i want to know how many got in or got interviewed
the average gpa?
average sat?
please help:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

Well I just happen to have all of Western's Stats for their DO program right here in front of me.

For the DO class of 2010
Average GPA 3.49
Non-Science GPA 3.56
Science GPA 3.43
Average MCAT 9 per section (27 total)

Last year their were 2617 Total Applications
and 645 interviews for a class of 216 people.

All this information is in my interview handbook. Yesterday I just found out that I was accepted for their 2011 D.O. class, my #1 Choice! Whew Hew!
:)
Hope the info is helpful

congrats! :) you must be superrelieved. do you know how long you waited after the interview to hear from western about the acceptance? was it phone/email/snailmail?

congrats again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,

Well I just happen to have all of Western's Stats for their DO program right here in front of me.

For the DO class of 2010
Average GPA 3.49
Non-Science GPA 3.56
Science GPA 3.43
Average MCAT 9 per section (27 total)

Last year their were 2617 Total Applications
and 645 interviews for a class of 216 people.

All this information is in my interview handbook. Yesterday I just found out that I was accepted for their 2011 D.O. class, my #1 Choice! Whew Hew!
:)
Hope the info is helpful

Members don't see this ad :)
Well take this for what it's worth. I interviewed at Western on 11/2, and they promised to reply with in two weeks with an up, down, or waitlist and I found out that I got in on monday by snail mail.

At the interview they also said that 30 slots were reserved for their northwest track. As far as acceptance rates is concerned there's another thread on that, but the admissions advisor at the interview did say that it typically takes them two acceptances to fill one seat.

Good luck.

Here is the response from Pitzer's FAQ list.

"Can you tell me more about your 7 year medical program?

This is a linkage program between Pitzer College and Western University of Health Sciences which normally consists of three years of full time studies at Pitzer College and four years at Western University. At the end of the 7 years, students will be granted both a Bachelor’s of Arts and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree. Each student will have two faculty advisors- one from each institution. At Pitzer, students will meet the College’s educational objectives and all the premedical requirements prior to beginning their studies at Western University. Pitzer students study the natural sciences at the Keck Science Center, a first–rate facility with a faculty committed to undergraduate education. To continue in this program, students must achieve a minimum grade point average of 3.20 in the nonscience courses/3.30 in the science courses, obtain a minimum total of 24 on the scored subtests of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), and demonstrate personal dedication and traits suitable for health professions and career development."

i was wondering do students from the program sometimes transfer out to other med schools. Western U is good and all, but if you happen to do better on the MCAT, do you have to stay with the program.

I think that there is someone on the COMP 2010 class thread that is from the Pitzer/Western U program. I don't remember who, but if you look, you can try PM that person with your specific questions.

Last edited:
hey all, Im also a first year at Western University who was part of the linkage program. If you want any info or advice on either Western or Pitzer (or both), feel free to contact me at [email protected]

best of luck!