Place to stay for DREXEL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA med app

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone stayed at the Bed & Breakfast place for their Drexel interviews, since it's walking distance. Never been to one of those places before...is it a private residence? or like a hotel??

Any other suggestions for quickest and cheapest way to get to Drexel? And how much are the train tickets (from airport to your hotels or to drexel)?

Thanks for your posts!

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed with a student last year and it worked out well for me.

I stayed at one of the Bed and Breakfasts- the Parson's Corner. It was actaully a very nice place. Two elderly people actually live there. They have two guest rooms on the top floor. My guest room was super nice. The two guest rooms share a bathroom. It wasn't a big deal.... although I had to wake up a bit early since I take forever in the bathroom... and I wanted to be out of it by the time the other interviewee woke up.

They provide breakfast in the morning. If it's raining, they will drive you to Drexel. It cost me $40 to stay there. I thought it was a great deal. This couple didn't have any pets or children, so you don't have to worry about noise or allergies.

I actually took a cab from the Amtrak station to the house. It cost me about $20... but only because my taxi driver didn't know where he was going. So print out directions off of mapquest or something if you take a cab.

Members don't see this ad :)
tinkerbelle said:
I stayed at one of the Bed and Breakfasts- the Parson's Corner. It was actaully a very nice place. Two elderly people actually live there. They have two guest rooms on the top floor. My guest room was super nice. The two guest rooms share a bathroom. It wasn't a big deal.... although I had to wake up a bit early since I take forever in the bathroom... and I wanted to be out of it by the time the other interviewee woke up.

They provide breakfast in the morning. If it's raining, they will drive you to Drexel. It cost me $40 to stay there. I thought it was a great deal. This couple didn't have any pets or children, so you don't have to worry about noise or allergies.

I actually took a cab from the Amtrak station to the house. It cost me about $20... but only because my taxi driver didn't know where he was going. So print out directions off of mapquest or something if you take a cab.

I was planning on staying at one of the bed and breakfast places but that actually sounds pretty awkward. I think I might opt for a hotel now.

i highly suggest that you stay at one of those "walking distance" hotels. i stayed at a hotel that's around 15 miles away from campus, and it took me more than 30 minutes to drive there on the day of the interview! philly has horrible traffic forrealz! but the city is very beautiful (at least i think so...) good luck with the interview! ^^ :luck: