placement tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeantm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, since there seems to be quite a few people on this board that have had experience with Columbia's post bac I was hoping someone might offer some study advice for their placement tests......I am planning on taking the math and chem placement tests asap and any advice/insight would be much appreciated

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

i honestly wouldn't study for them. just go in, and do your thing. i think thats the whole point anyway - they want to see where you're at. If you've never taken physics, then so be it - you'll take physics 1201 - which is good cuz that will match your physics level. don't study too hard for them, is my advice. anyway, are you going to columbia postbacc this fall? me too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there this fall, too. :)

I've been studying a bit, but not too much...the only feedback I've heard as of yet was that they weren't that difficult at all. I'm all for going into the class that I'm best prepared for, but I'm not too excited about getting stuck in Preparation for College Math and Chem classes having taken AP Calc and Chem, once upon a time, and knowing I'd get it all back in a couple of weeks of taking the regular courses...

Which dates are you aiming for? I'm out of town, so I'm planning on the August 2nd dates to do both the planning session and exams...

I was hoping to take it in August as well, but wasn't sure how much to study for them. I haven't heard how many columbia post bacs actually end up taking pre calc or pre chem, but hopefully not that many?

I am planning to start in the fall too ..good luck