Places you decided not to rank

Started by pollyanna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pollyanna

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to see where people interviewed at and then decided not to rank.
I'll start:

Penn State
Georgetown
 
UAB......not that they aren't a great program. I just couldn't see myself in Birmingham, which dropped them to the bottom of my list. And being as they are a very popular program in the SE, i figured my chances of matching there were nil if I dropped that far down my list, so I figured I would save 30 bucks.
 
Interesting. What gives with G-town? They're even in the sweet city of D.C.? No ranky?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
einstein......

cancelled maryland and dartmouth twds mid jan.....
 
I didn't rank Drexel.
I just didn't feel that this program is enough strong reason to move to Phylli.
 
Drexel
USF
Didn't like the above two programs
UF--didn't like the location
 
Didn't rank:

Maryland
Umass
Cleveland Clinic
Dartmouth

Declined interviews:

Drexel
Pitt
Tufts
BU
GW
Univ. Rochester
Albany
Case Western
Loyola
 
Northwestern (Didn't want to live in CHI town)
Colorado (Bad vibe, Great City)
SLU (Not as well rounded as other programs, A few disgruntled residents)
 
massplezure said:
Northwestern (Didn't want to live in CHI town)
Colorado (Bad vibe, Great City)
SLU (Not as well rounded as other programs, A few disgruntled residents)

Drexel

Just didn't get a great feel for this place. The program seems to being going through some "major transitions", and they didn't have very many full time faculty, mostly Locums.

Declined Interviews at:

Albert Einstein (Location)
OU (Too $$ to fly)
Arkansas (Have friends from Little Rock and hate it)
Miami (Wife told me she would divorce me if I matched here)
Tufts (Regret cancelling, I love the Red Sox!)
UMDNJ (probation, and Newark...Yuck!)

Good Luck guys...

Jay
 
Didn't rank:

Emory-- Couldn't live in Atlanta: too big, bad traffic
Iowa-- PD is too focused on research and academics. Told me he wants everyone doing research and reading journal articles all day.
Wash U categorical-- Strong program, but intern year is brutal. 9 months of call, 4 ICU months. No thanks.
 
Chico-
actually it's 3 months of icu at washu-come on-suck it up dude-go hard or go home! just messing with you-enjoy your cush transitional year.
 
UNM- couldn't live in NM
U of arizona - nice program, but not as stuctured as I would have liked to see. People were very friendly.
u of Rochester - very turned off by the interview
Illinois Masonic
U of Cincinatti - work horse program. Peds would be an amazing experience. Program is getting revamped and in five years will probably be pretty darn good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad