Plagiarism on yourself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UBLI-EINSTEIN

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend told me his concerns about "plagiarisms on yourself", that means you copy and paste your secondary essays to schools that ask similar questions. For example, if he wrote a single diversity essay, and there are multiple schools asking for that. So he submit this essay to all these schools without really changing anything. Should medical school account this as a plagiarism on yourself?

I literally felt blunt being asked this question. I barely know anything about self-plagiarism, and I actually concern more about something else. For instance, different schools may ask for an adversity essay in distinctive ways, and thus you have to change your essay a little bit (really a little bit) so that seems you are specifically answering the question of that particular schools.

However, I don't know whether sending my own essay to multiple places will be thought as self-plagiarism.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not an academic paper.
You can rinse and repeat as much as you want. But be smart. Don't copy/paste that your background in an urban setting prepared you for "x" medical school in "x" urban city on a an application to West Virginia. Be sure to personalize your essays to the school, but you can absolutely repeat answers to similar questions.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think you are using "blunt" correctly. But no, this isn't plagiarism

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh yes, the season of neurotic applicants is upon us, the smell of anxiety is crisp.

Which definitely includes me.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys above. I didn't worry too much about this because I did that anyway and I bet medical schools are aware that their questions are repeated all over the places. Just want to make sure.