Plainview Osteopathic internship - It's not what you think it is

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotdogz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are thinking of coming to Plainview Hospital for an osteopathic internship, I would reconsider. Things are not what they seem here. If you want to be babied around, treated like an MS5, and being tattled on, then by all means this place is perfect for you. There are other more able programs to consider such as Good Sam, Union Hospital in Jersey, Frankford Hospital... Oh, and the teaching also leaves a lot to be desired. This program is in constant flux, making changes all the time, and electives out of the North Shore system are impossible to attain.

Members don't see this ad.

hotdogz said:
For those of you who are thinking of coming to Plainview Hospital for an osteopathic internship, I would reconsider. Things are not what they seem here. If you want to be babied around, treated like an MS5, and being tattled on, then by all means this place is perfect for you. There are other more able programs to consider such as Good Sam, Union Hospital in Jersey, Frankford Hospital... Oh, and the teaching also leaves a lot to be desired. This program is in constant flux, making changes all the time, and electives out of the North Shore system are impossible to attain.

Could you elaborate on the times per week? Perhaps the situation of the attendings and what other residents think? I know at some places there's a definite hierarchy were everyone has his or her place.

It might be that the "scutwork" you are seeing is no different from other programs. But I could be wrong.

I hope things will work out for you in the long run.

C&C

CatsandCradles said:
Could you elaborate on the times per week? Perhaps the situation of the attendings and what other residents think? I know at some places there's a definite hierarchy were everyone has his or her place.

It might be that the "scutwork" you are seeing is no different from other programs. But I could be wrong.

I hope things will work out for you in the long run.

C&C
I don't think anyone there is happy with their intership...It's getting to a point where it feels like there's no trust amonst peers and higher ups.