Plan B-ackup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hapy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to other medical programs at the same time they're applying for pharmacy schools?

Members don't see this ad.

No, and I would strongly recommend that no one do this. Adcoms want to admit students who are committed to the profession they want to earn their doctorate in whether that be an MD, PharmD, or PhD. If they see you applying to schools for various medical professions you can almost guaruntee that you will not be accepted.

No, and I would strongly recommend that no one do this. Adcoms want to admit students who are committed to the profession they want to earn their doctorate in whether that be an MD, PharmD, or PhD. If they see you applying to schools for various medical professions you can almost guaruntee that you will not be accepted.

Just out of curiosity, how would they even know?

I mean, unless you applied to the COP AND the medical program at the same school. In which case, you better not be writing "OMG PHARMACY ALL THE WAY" in your personal statement. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

I mean, unless you applied to the COP AND the medical program at the same school. In which case, you better not be writing "OMG PHARMACY ALL THE WAY" in your personal statement. :laugh:

they will not know

Many applications ask what schools you are applying to and some people are -gasp- honest.

Many applications ask what schools you are applying to and some people are -gasp- honest.

One would hope they'd be honest on a professional school application! Excuse my ignorance, I haven't filled out this part of the application yet.

I just know PharmCAS doesn't ask, and I can't remember whether they report to each school within the PharmCAS network yet (If they don't, I remember reading on their site they will be soon), but that obviously wouldn't show if you were applying to a completely different program.

It makes sense that they'd know if they, uh, ask you. :oops:

Why are you applying to multiple programs? You need to decide what you want to do with your life, not throw your application out and see where it sticks:thumbdown:

Why are you applying to multiple programs? You need to decide what you want to do with your life, not throw your application out and see where it sticks:thumbdown:

I don't think it's a terrible thing, and I don't think it's unheard of. What I want to do with my life is apply for two programs. I'm just thinking ahead--if I don't get accepted into pharmacy for next fall, I can take the other option instead of twiddling my thumbs (reference to your thumbs-down) for a year. I don't see myself reapplying to pharmacy school if I don't get in this cycle. You may not agree with that but that's my choice for my life.

I understand why you may disagree--it looks as though I'm not committed and that I don't know what I want to do with my life, but it's not unthinkable to be passionate about two different fields. No one has their life entirely figured out. Besides, people change their careers all the time.

so owl guard.. would it be bad if i say yes to that question??

I am curious - is an owl guard someone who guards owls, or is it an owl that is also a guard?

I am a huge fan of being honest, so I would say...no, it would not be bad. It would be bad to lie. Better to be honest up front.

lol.. that was a typo.. it should be owl grad ryte lol my bad:laugh:

I am curious - is an owl guard someone who guards owls, or is it an owl that is also a guard?

I am a huge fan of being honest, so I would say...no, it would not be bad. It would be bad to lie. Better to be honest up front.

lol.. that was a typo.. it should be owl grad ryte lol my bad:laugh:

No, it should be owlegrad. Or owle grad would also work I guess. I don't know why people don't know how to spell owle, they always want to leave out the "e".

Many folks round here just call me owle, that is certainly fine, I like that. Just don't call me Mr. owle, I hate that (even though it is in my avatar, lol). ;)

No, it should be owlegrad. Or owle grad would also work I guess. I don't know why people don't know how to spell owle, they always want to leave out the "e".

Many folks round here just call me owle, that is certainly fine, I like that. Just don't call me Mr. owle, I hate that (even though it is in my avatar, lol). ;)

o come on not again its just one letter ...sighh.. owlegrad.. better? :oops: