"Plan B" Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys did if you applied for vet schools and got denied everywhere. This can either be as an interim thing before the next app cycle but I am particularly interested in what graduate programs you decided to enter that would be sufficient to have a successful career. Basically I am looking at rewarding alternatives to being a vet. I definetly want to work with animals but am questioning whether I should look at animal science degrees etc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't give up! One year's rejections shouldn't deter you from what you want to do! Go for your post interview to find out your weak points in your application. Work on improving those while applying. I got a masters because I wasn't that competitive in the gpa department. I don't think there is a specific formula on what you should do other than improving the weak points in your application to be more competitive. Keep working on those animal/veterinary experience hours, boosting that gpa with either masters work or just extra science classes, and keep your chin up... you'll get there one day!!! :)