Plan B OTC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a legal question that I havent been able to find the answer to. I got a memo from my company saying that Plan B is approved for women over the age of 18. My question is can a man buy it?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a legal question that I havent been able to find the answer to. I got a memo from my company saying that Plan B is approved for women over the age of 18. My question is can a man buy it?

what for?

I'm a man and I bought it. They just asked me to fill out some simple form and that was it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If that's the logic, then what's stopping an 18+ yo girl from buying it for her 12 yo little sister?

We ring it up like tobacco. After we check ID, we type in the date of birth.

I wish all 12 y/o girls who needed it had sisters that would buy it for them.

you must be an expert at working the cash register by now.

LOL! now that's funny...

Yes - a man 18+ can buy it.

It is not our purpose to know who the ultimate user is - if she's 12....I can help her better, but if its get it by coming to talk to me or not get it at all - I'd rather she get it.

A girl < 18 yo can get an abortion but cannot buy Plan B over the counter? Why make it difficult for her?

Don't underestimate the socioeconomic impact this will have in the future.

Roe vs Wade is responsible for the dramatic decline of the gang actitivies and the crime in the 90's. It wasn't Juliani..

Roe vs Wade is responsible for the dramatic decline of the gang actitivies and the crime in the 90's. It wasn't Juliani..

Reallly:eek: :confused: ?????

Members don't see this ad :)

That is true. I read that study.

Yes. I can only aspire to load the Pyxis machine someday. On the bright side, I haven't had a STAT order for DOS in years. :p

pyxis is a highly technical machinery... you would need years of training for that...

I have gotten a head start by practicing taking things in and out of my dresser drawers. Can you guess which drawer I keep the beer in?

You keep beer in your dresser????:eek:

I have gotten a head start by practicing taking things in and out of my dresser drawers. Can you guess which drawer I keep the beer in?

I hope you keep your beer in the fridge...

So, you guys read Freakenomics too huh...that's where I learned the impact abortion had on crime rates and I thought that was the most interesting part of the book.

Thanks for the response, but just wondering. . . if i really wanted to find out, where do i find the regulation for it? I understand that we can all sell it to anyone over 18 but for some reason, all the memos I am getting including the fda website says that we can sell it to women over 18 and any women younger than that needs a prescription.

Thanks for the response, but just wondering. . . if i really wanted to find out, where do i find the regulation for it? I understand that we can all sell it to anyone over 18 but for some reason, all the memos I am getting including the fda website says that we can sell it to women over 18 and any women younger than that needs a prescription.

Google FDA Plan B questions and answers....that will take you directly to the FDA site with the Plan B FAQ's. This question & answer was added in December of last year.

Good luck - let me know if you still can't find it after that.

Wow, there are so many factors at play I can't even begin to fathom the logic leading to this claim.

Wow, there are so many factors at play I can't even begin to fathom the logic leading to this claim.

Don't waste your time on it. The research has been done..printed..stamped.. and accepted by some. It's a good read. Freakonomics.

So, you guys read Freakenomics too huh...that's where I learned the impact abortion had on crime rates and I thought that was the most interesting part of the book.

The book could have been 9 pages long and would have been just as effective.

It makes complete sense if you read the study. As far as Freakenomics, I've got to agree with ZpakSux...don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good, quick read, but it probably could have been 9 pages long and just as good...ok, ok, maybe 10.

It makes complete sense if you read the study. As far as Freakenomics, I've got to agree with ZpakSux...don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good, quick read, but it probably could have been 9 pages long and just as good...ok, ok, maybe 10.

I can write a 3 paragraph cliff note version for the book...but I won't. If I had to sit there and read that book in a flight..so should y'all.

I hope you keep your beer in the fridge...

I actually found a fifth of cheap 5 dollar vodka in a cardiac floor's med fridge. And we generally use ativan for EtOH detox, not more alcohol...needless to say I destocked it to the dismay of the RNs and returned it to the pharmacy for careful analysis.

I actually found a fifth of cheap 5 dollar vodka in a cardiac floor's med fridge. And we generally use ativan for EtOH detox, not more alcohol...needless to say I destocked it to the dismay of the RNs and returned it to the pharmacy for careful analysis.

Lightweight...

We keep a gallon size jug of Everclear. I do need to get it tested for potency.. I think it's getting diluted.. dang pharmacy staff!!

I think they should just have a giant barrel of the stuff right outside of the county courthouse, unguarded. Just dump it right there. Don't ask, don't tell....

Plan B is indicated for a woman to use (obviously), maybe that's what you're reading is getting confused with who can buy it. As long as they are 18 and up. Plan B is easier to buy than freakin sudafed

The DEA doesn't **** around, that's why. When people figure out a way to synthesize heroin from progestins (which won't happen....), then you're sure to see it become guarded.