Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Technically, you should check with the pharmacist for everything.
Practically, it depends on how comfortable your pharmacist is with you counseling.
Depends on the state law and interns as well.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Technically, you should check with the pharmacist for everything.
Practically, it depends on how comfortable your pharmacist is with you counseling.
Some of the attitudes in this thread are really immature and embarrassing.
yes 🙁 next thing you know they'll be bashing medicaid patients again for being too lazy to find jobs 🙁
As soon as someone says Plan B you think of lazy medicaid patients? Shame on you type b, shame on you.
Hahaha. Funny, well, not really.
I was referring to the similarity that exists between the derogatory attitudes of some posters on this thread and that of posters on other threads who bash medicaid patients.. which i have a strong personal reaction to. Some of my best friends are on medicaid. One has ptsd and was told by her therapist that she wasnt very important to her because medicaid patients dont reimburse as much (it's one thing (terrible) to think in your head that medicaid patients are money losers, it's another thing to say it to their face or on a public forum) . This type of attitude I've noticed to be present on the med student forums , and there has been bashing of medicaid patients on this forum as well.
I always was under the impression that Medicaid was one of the best in terms of payment. Maybe its not for office visits, but in terms of big pharma, that's a huge income source.she wasnt very important to her because medicaid patients dont reimburse as much
I always was under the impression that Medicaid was one of the best in terms of payment. Maybe its not for office visits, but in terms of big pharma, that's a huge income source.
More towards the original topic: I saw that we got Ella in our pharmacy today, and that it's RX only. That can't be good for sales. Plan B is great because it's no hassle... "Are you over 18? Okay, have a nice day." Going to the doc for an RX, then going to pharmacy, waiting for it to be filled... you're in the 2nd trimester by the time all that gets done. I can't see anybody getting Ella over Plan B.
At my university, the sororities are on lock-down for the week before, the week of, and a few days (up to a week) following rush. 'No boys, no booze'. I would imagine that any spike in Plan B purchases is more related to being the beginning of the school year than sorority calendars. Or the male-deprived sorority girls are sex-crazed once they're done with rush...?
ROFL! If I was at a college, I'd be recruiting for my WOW guild.

I sell Plan B to someone I know at least once a month. awwwwwwkwarrrrrrrd
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.