Plan of attack?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mixmaster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey lookin for good advice.
I was planning to take Step 2 in early August so I did all UW avg about 56-57% and read B&W. Then took NMBE #1 and got 205 so I freaked and decided to take not register and take exam in NOV/DEC. I have been reading secrets (slowly...) since....

So what do you guys think I should do in the next month or so? Should I order UW again? I have a Kaplan Qbank CD should I do that instead? I have Qbook and have done about 1/2.

Thanks in advance for the advice....

Members don't see this ad.

I would reorder usmle world and go through at least half again...all if you have time--focusing on learning from what you get wrong and either finish secrets or re-read B&W's b/c they are both great resources. MOST importantly, have confidence--those stupid NBME's predicted I would get a 204, 191, and 204 all within 2 wks of taking the real thing...I got a 230 on the real exam. I think the NBME's are good for seeing your weak areas but were much more accurate for step 1.

I would reorder usmle world and go through at least half again...all if you have time--focusing on learning from what you get wrong and either finish secrets or re-read B&W's b/c they are both great resources. MOST importantly, have confidence--those stupid NBME's predicted I would get a 204, 191, and 204 all within 2 wks of taking the real thing...I got a 230 on the real exam. I think the NBME's are good for seeing your weak areas but were much more accurate for step 1.

Hi OBJen, how did you do the UW questions? how many questions? was it in tutor mode or timed? How many times did you review it? thanks...