Plan of attack?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, because i have a paper due in 20 hours or so about Science, religion, and God for a theology class and I am utterly BORED with thinking about this topic, I have rested my thoughts on this next january. . . .

I am currently in my second year undergrad and am techincally a junior because I have overloaded every semester, taken classes over the summer, and packed everything in so I can finish college a year early. (spare me the "college is the best years of your life yadda yadda," I am in school to get an eduction not party to much). Because of finishing a year early, when i apply i will be without some classes I need. (BioChem, cell bio, pchem, devo, phyics) all of which i will take over the summer and next 3 semesters giving me 124 credits a degree in biology and one in chemistry.

I registered for DATs on Jan 12.
This gives me enough time to take them again if i dont do so hot and still have them in early.
apply march 15.

I have 21 credits next semester, 11 over the summer. That makes me only have 22 credits to take over my last year (11 each semester).

If you were a adcom what would you think?

GPA: 3.9
DAT PRACTICE: 18aa/20RC/18QR/22PAT. (this was one week ago b4 i started tudying anything). the breakdonw for the sciences was somehting like 20bio/16orgo/17gchem
Extracurriculars: Sigma Chi Fraternity, Academic Honor Society, National Residence Hall Leader Honor Society, Chemistry TA, Residential Assistant, Chem club member. And I am going to costa rica/ nicarauga for a medical missions trip over my spring break.

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to graduate in the spring with my BS. I am in my third year, and will also be graduating a year early. Your stats look very good. I got accepted (like 2 days ago). I had a DAT 23 TS 22 AA and 20 PAT. I had a 3.9 GPA. I had a lot of dentistry experience, worked in a dental lab, did research, and job shadowed. I would say as long as you can have strong recommendation letters and do well on the real DAT you are set.

It still depends on your DAT score, especially the science sections. Even though your GPA is great 20/16/17 on science sections is not the best scores. If you bring those up just a tiny bit, you should be able to choose where you go.

Awesome! thank you for the reassurance. I am focusing studying on gen chem bc i need that score up! we will find out in about a year from now! haha doesnt it seem so far away