planned courses

Started by Malhi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Malhi

UW-Madison SVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to Michigan State and will need animal nutrition. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have that course. I will have to do an online course if I get into Michigan State.

Do I even need to put it down as a planned course on VMCAS😕?
 
I am applying to Michigan State and will need animal nutrition. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have that course. I will have to do an online course if I get into Michigan State.

Do I even need to put it down as a planned course on VMCAS😕?

Only put it down if you have a course number and on-line school identified.
 
Yea, I had this same situation, VMCAS staff said that if you haven't already signed up for the class, don't list it as planned coursework.

They did suggest that I put this planned coursework in the "explanation" section of the application, so that schools would know you had a plan for fulfuilling those requirements.